Nobody wants to be in an accident when traveling. But then again, emergencies do not come with a warning sign, and if you find yourself in a medical emergency while traveling abroad, it may cost you. You see, medical expenses abroad are costly, and Canada is not an exception. However, if you have travelers or visitor insurance, you won’t have to worry much as the insurance company will offer coverage for all your medical costs. Saying that, if you’re planning to visit Canada, whether for academic purposes or to travel, consider applying for traveler’s or visitor’s insurance before you book the flight tickets, you won’t regret it.
Protect your trip while you explore our country
Canada is a great place. There are many places to visit and different restaurants and cuisines, which a person would love to try. But as you explore the Great White North without any insurance, it’s safe to say you would be continuously worried about what if you fall ill or maybe your trip is canceled for any other reason. Do you need that type of stress when you’re visiting Niagara Falls? Well, you don’t have to if you apply for a visitor’s or a traveler’s insurance when you book your trip. Not only will it offer coverage for all types of medical emergencies, but it also covers expenses if you lose your baggage and other belongings (such as your passport) during transit. Also, nowadays, immigration officers are requesting travelers for their proof of insurance. Read on for more reasons that why you should opt for traveler’s insurance.
Traveler’s insurance can offer coverage for:
- Non-refundable airfare, pre-paid travel arrangements, cancellation penalties; in case your trip gets canceled, you won’t have to worry about the expenses you’ve already made. Travel insurance can cover these expenses you have already made.
- If you or your traveling companion get delayed beyond the return date due to any medical emergencies, then your meals and accommodations may also be covered.
- A visitor’s insurance will also cover expenses for emergency medical evacs from the country.
- In the unfortunate case of an accidental injury or death occurring during a trip, the insured amount will be given to the beneficiary.
- If you choose the right plan, travel insurance policies can also cover pre-existing health conditions.
Travel or visitor’s insurance policies can be a lifesaver during your trip to Canada. If you want to get more knowledge, you can get in touch with SVIC. We have a treasure of knowledge in dealing with traveler’s/ visitor’s insurance policies and will be glad to help you.