Canada has always been one of the top-most places to visit globally. From the CN tower and the five-star diners in Toronto to the storied street festivals of Montreal, the Maple Leaf Country has a lot to offer for its travelers passing by. However, when you’re planning a trip here, it’s just not packing your bags and booking the next flight available. Travelling to Canada requires you to have visitor’s insurance. Yes, you read it right; you will need insurance to get into Canada. You might be thinking why so, you have travelled a lot without insurance. Well, we love your confidence, but it’s for your safety and having visitor’s insurance has a lot of advantages other than just covering your emergency medical expenses. If you don’t know much about it, read this blog, and by the end of it, you will have enough information on this topic
Everything you should know about your visitor’s insurance to Canada
When your visitor’s insurance is approved, you’re getting much more than the basic coverage for sicknesses, illnesses and visits to the emergency room. Your insurance offers a comprehensive range for your emergency non-medical expenses as well. Here’s a complete overview of what you get out of your visitor’s insurance.
- Emergency evacuation: If you need to leave the country due to an emergency, the insurance will offer coverage for it
- Accidental death and dismemberment: You would not want to think about it, but in the case of an unfortunate event, the insured amount will be paid to your beneficiary
- Repatriation: Again, if tragedy happens while overseas and someone ends up passing away, a part of the cost of taking the mortal remains of a loved one back to the home country would be provided by the insurance company
- Trip cancellation or interruption: If you have to end your trip unexpectedly, your visitor’s insurance will reimburse for the covered amount for unused travel expenses that cancelling your plans mid-trip incurs
- Personal liability: If you face a legal dispute in a foreign country, your visitor’s insurance company can help you with the costs
On top of everything, you should know that if you’re not insured under the government scheme, medical expenses can cost you’re a fortune, and it will all out of your pocket. So with visitor’s insurance, you will be safe from expensive treatment costs. If you need help choosing a policy, connect with your local insurance broker to help you.