Coming to this question, it’s a bit of an irony to answer this one. Other than reuniting family members who live abroad (parents/grandparents), the Super Visa Canada policy was introduced to clear the heavy backlog of regular visa applications. However, with the former gaining more popularity, even for Supre Visa Canada, the turnaround time has increased, and the pandemic is not helping decrease the number. However, processing for any visa application depends on several factors. In this blog post, we will look at that alongside how long it takes for a Canadian Super Visa to be processed
The factors that can increase the processing time
- Type of visa applications (different visas take different times to process)
- The home country of the applicant
- The completeness of the application
- Depending on all the information on the application is correct.
- Ease of confirming the applicant’s information
- How quickly the IRCC can process applications already available in the system
- Turnaround time for an applicant takes to respond to additional requests or concerns
So how long does it take for a Super Visa to be processed?
As of 2021, the processing time for a Super Visa Canada scheme is around 272 days or nine months. The processing time may vary depending on the visa office as well as the country you’re applying from. You should also know that the definition of processing time implies the period that begins from the day the IRCC receives your application and ends with a decision on the Canada visa application. Biometrics have to be given as a part of the application process.
How frequently are the processing times updated?
Most processing times show how long it took to process applications in the past and are updated every week. Due to the pandemic, several changes to certain visa processing times have been made throughout 2020-2022. Since July 2018, the IRCC has opted to generate processing time estimates building on the number of applications currently being processed rather than the historical processing time data.