Planning a Trip to Canada? Don’t Forget to Get Your Travel Insurance!
Healthcare for non-Canadians residents can be quite expensive. So, it is recommended that you ensure you are protected by a travel insurance policy with complete coverage for your trip. Whether you are visiting Canada for Academic Purposes, for professional reasons, or you are just taking a trip to Explore the Country, the one thing must never forget is your Travel Insurance.
Is Travel Insurance for Canada a Personal Choice?
While travel insurance is not a requirement for a Canadian visa, immigration officers have been increasingly requesting travelers for their proof of insurance. Besides, having a travel insurance policy only increases the chances of your trip being a safe and enjoyable one. It ensures monetary safety against any unexpected sickness, loss of your belongings like baggage, passport, etc.
Here Are Some Reasons Why a Travel Insurance Might Work in Your Favor
Regardless of the purpose of your visit to Canada, a travel insurance policy works to add an extra layer of protection for you. Some of the benefits of travel insurance for Canada include:
- Comfort: Travelers, especially students and senior citizens, can avoid the stress of traveling by having travel insurance.
- Protection from Medical Emergency: A travel insurance policy will provide the necessary coverage for you to ensure that you receive immediate medical attention if the need for it arises.
- Compensation: In case of any untoward incident, a travel insurance policy will make sure your loved ones (nominee) are compensated.
- Coverage for Any Eventuality: Any trip is bound to have eventualities that might be unpleasant. From trip delays to loss of belongings and documentation, a travel insurance policy will take care of it all.
Coverage That a Travel Insurance Policy Provides
What is covered in travel insurance for Canada? Take a look at some of the aspects of your trip that a comprehensive travel insurance policy will cover:
- Emergency Hospitalization: Any medical emergency that requires hospitalization will be covered by your travel insurance policy for Canada.
- Accidental Hospitalization: You can receive up to 100% sum insured in case of accidental hospitalization.
- Treatment in Your Home Country: If you require further treatment in your home country, those expenses will also be covered by a travel insurance policy.
- Medical Evacuation: If there is a medical emergency that requires you to return to your home country immediately, the insurance policy will provide coverage for that as well.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: In the unfortunate chance that the traveler loses his/her life while traveling in a common carrier or public transport, compensation will be paid to their loved ones.
- Trip Delay or Cancellation: If your trip is interrupted in any way due to any reason, you are eligible for compensation up to the sum insured/ if plan acquired.
- Loss of Personal Liabilities: A travel insurance policy provides coverage for loss of checked-in baggage, delay of checked-in baggage, loss of passport, etc.
Please remember that all the various aspects that your policy provides coverage for are subject to the policy plan you choose and its terms and conditions. What are you waiting for? Get in touch with Super Visa Insurance Canada and get the planning for your Canada trip started!